This was an emergency tutu for lovely young dancer that I’d made a tutu for last year. Her Mum called me with the latest measurements and just said make her a sweet little lemon and white tutu.
I have lots of lovely white appliques. I decided on one with flowers in it and toyed with a few designs.
I’m not fond of circular plates but I thought the irregular edge of this might add some interest. Then I tried inverting the 8 individual appliques.
Much more interesting alignment but it still needed a little something, so I added some daisy motifs.
That little touch lengthened the design and gave more obvious inverted scallops. A handful of rhinestones and half pearls and the design is finished. Glitter net and a layer of yellow net made the white skirt come alive.
The bodice was embellished with the same appliques and rhinestones.
And finally, a sweet little lemon tutu, ready to brave the eisteddfod season.